As with most products, it’s not perfect, but the potential benefits outweigh any negatives, so it’s worth a try. If you’re like most people, you can stand to gain from a boost during your workouts. Whether it’s a little ADD, tiredness, or if you’re just feeling a little unmotivated that day, your workouts still suffer, your gains will stall, and your energy levels won’t be as they should. Fortunately, there are a million pre-workout supplements for you to choose from to combat this.
You’re probably well-aware of the slew of mediocre or snake oil products floating around out there. Many of them promise some kind of superhuman strength that will have you bench-pressing the snack machine in your health club’s lobby by the time you’re done. While this does sound like a good time, it’s not realistic. The truth is that you need a well-rounded formula that offers you more than just some energy boosters — a balanced approach is needed.
Kaged provides just that with this behemoth of a pre-work out mix. It truly seems as if they have spent a massive amount of time researching each and every ingredient needed to create a well-rounded supplement that touches on all of the important areas to create a dependable boost in your all-around performance in the gym. Yes, energy is important, but so is focus, muscle recovery, and more.
Pre-Kaged has already won a few awards, and it seems to be growing in popularity each month as word spreads. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, after all. High dosages, all ingredients listed, affordable price — it’s all there.
Now, obviously no product is perfect, but Pre-Kaged gets far more right than it does wrong. Let’s dive right in.
What They Get Right
It’s all about the ingredients, and Pre-Kaged has plenty. Here are the ones that matter most, and are dosed in a sufficient amount.
- L-Citrulline – A common ingredient of workout supplements, L-citrulline is an amino acid that improves overall endurance and keep muscle soreness to a minimum. Pre-Kaged has a whopping 6.5 grams of it, giving you more than enough with each use.
- L-Leucine – Also a common ingredient among these types of supplements, L-leucine is one of the three branched chain amino acids that helps stimulate muscle protein synthesis. L-Isoleucine and L-valine help round out the three. All three BCAA’s help to build tissue and prevent lean mass from being broken down. All three are dosed very high, especially in comparison to other products.
- BetaPower – This is Pre-Kaged’s version of betaine, and this stuff does quite a bit. Increased power, strength, and even decreased muscle soreness are a few of the main effects. The 2 gram amount is on par with other supplement’s amounts.
- Taurine – Taurine draws water into muscle cells, which is very effective in helping reduce cramps while increasing recovery and performance. A must for any workout supplement. Pre-Kaged offers 2.0 grams per servings, outpacing most supplements.
- Caffeine – Need to get that energy from something, right? Most supplements use some sort of artificial caffeine that’s basically lab-created, but Pre-Kaged opts for natural caffeine derived from green coffee bean extract. 274 mg provides you with about slightly more than two strong cups of coffee, which should be a good amount for most people looking for that extra boost that will last them an hour or two. Note that beginners to “stimulant” use may need to be careful
- Coconut Water Powder – Another popular ingredient, and for good reason. You have to keep in mind that the goal of a good workout supplement should not be the use and promotion of some miracle ingredients, but rather the right combination of proven ingredients. Coconut water is good for replenishing electrolytes and restoring hydration levels during a workout, and the 500 mg per dose is more than enough to offer a noticeable effect.
- Tyrosine – Focus is an important aspect during a good workout. A wandering mind leads to a decline in workout quality. Tyrosine is non-essential amino acid that directly contributes to your ability to stay on task, and the provided 850 mg is right on par with the average effective dosage amount. You’ll be locked in with each workout.
What They Got Wrong
It’s hard to knock Pre-Kaged, as it’s one of the better supplements you’ll come across right now. Still, there’s some things they could do better, making this an even better product.
- Settling – There are plenty of users that will probably just slam their serving of Pre-Kaged with some mixed in water, but be sure you do it fast — this stuff settle relatively quickly. You’ll have to shake your bottle plenty of times in between drinks.
- Serving Amounts – The actual serving size is perfectly fine, it’s just that there’s around 20 per bottle. I’m sure you’re like most people that prefer to have a 1-month supply with every supplement. Most of us wouldn’t mind paying the difference.
- Still a bit heavy on the stimulants. The organic ingredients tend to negate the worst problems, but you should note that dosage still exceeds 2 cups of coffee.
- We get occasional complaints about the slightly “spicy” or “burning” taste, slight stomach upsets or “bloating”, as well as increased sweatiness or “heat”. Though this happens for a minority of users:
“The first few times when I started taking this it kept giving me a little bit of upset stomach. About half way through my workouts I could feel this and it made it really hard to want to finish my workouts.” – “Workoutguru”, from TheSupplementReviews
One heaping scoop (32g) does the trick. Add water as needed, or even throw in some coconut water if you’re feeling wild.
Bottom line, if you’re looking for that extra edge with your workouts, Pre-Kaged will give it to you. Whether you’re feeling a bit sluggish, or want to get a better pump and throw in some extra reps, this supplement will come through in the clutch, and without a big crash afterwards. No, it’s not perfect, but it’s pretty decent. Or you might think about something that’s easier on the stomach